Occassionally I like to use tactics to draw out my blog stalkers and try to meet the people who are reading my outer monologue. Will you induldge me this time, dear Internet?
My friend sent me this meme – she doesn’t have a blog so I can’t link her. I don’t usually do these, but this one seemed fun in a get-to-know-you sort of way. I’ll show you mine if you show me yours! Post your answers to the questions in the comments, or if you have a blog, answer them there and link to it from my comments.
Things you may not have known about me….
A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Mom and wife (yeah, it’s a job. I get paid in sex, tequila, and phat electronics)
2. Assistant to … a certain swearing pastor of a large church in Seattle.
3. Assistant to … the director of a certain mentoring non profit in the area
4. Personal assistant to a family on Mercer Island (are you sensing a theme here?)
B) Four movies you would watch over and over:
1. Steel Magnolias (laughter through tears – the best kind).
2. To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar (and I HAVE watched it over and over because it is so. hilarious.)
3. Strictly Ballroom
4. Any of the Pixar films (out of obligation – the kids insist)
C) Four places you have lived:
1. A certain suburb of Minneapolis which shall remain nameless for purposes of avoiding premature judgment of who I am on the inside.
2. Queen Anne, Seattle WA
3. University District, Seattle, WA
4. Where I live now.
D) Four TV shows you love to watch:
1. Entourage (HBO)
2. What Not to Wear (TLC)
3. Lost (NBC)
4. The Shield (FX) – OMG CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT SEASON FINALE???
E) Four places you have been on vacation:
1. Portland, OR – Okay, not REAL adventurous, but we stay at the Kennedy School every year WITHOUT CHILDREN, so it’s high on the priority list of vacations.
2. Cannon Beach – we go in the off season to the annual kite festival
3. Victoria, BC & Vancouver
4. where ever my family lives because they are all over the country and demand we visit once in awhile.
F) Websites you visit daily or often:
1. My bloglines.com feed because it tells me who has new posts (shameless plug – I’m not even getting paid for that) – but I’m most faithful to the blogs of people I know, the people I met at Blogher, and the people I meet through my comments and emails. I don’t really even read Dooce anymore (gasp!).
G ) Four of my favorite foods:
3. margarita (does that count?)
4. the chocolate éclair from Claim Jumper
H) Four places I would rather be right now:
1. The Red House drinking wine and eating too much cheese
2. The Kennedy School with Bryan (See E above)
3. The Met drinking coffee and surfing the web with their free wifi
4. On my deck roasting marshmallows with all my friends
I) Friends I think will respond
3. Alecia (not really, but I’m daring her)
J) Favorite songs/music: (it changes all. the. time. but here’s what’s hot now)
1. India Arie
2. Bruce Cockburn
3. The Mountain Goats
4. Jack Johnson
K) Favorite Colors: (hm, the colors in my house?)
3. chocolate brown
L) Favorite Author:
1. Honestly, I don’t read anymore. I only have time for one hobby at a time.
M) Moments I will never forget (not in any order):
1. on the phone, standing in my laundry room, hearing that Gordy had died
2. my son shooting out of my body before the doctor could arrive
3. spending the night in the hospital with a friend who needed me
4. noticing that Bryan, then a single man I had not yet met, brought an impressive mandarin almond salad to a pot luck, beating out all the yahoos who brought KFC buckets or McD’s cheeseburgers. Or nothing. The rest is history.
TAG! YOU’RE IT!