Occassionally I like to use tactics to draw out my blog stalkers and try to meet the people who are reading my outer monologue. Will you induldge me this time, dear Internet?
My friend sent me this meme – she doesn’t have a blog so I can’t link her. I don’t usually do these, but this one seemed fun in a get-to-know-you sort of way. I’ll show you mine if you show me yours! Post your answers to the questions in the comments, or if you have a blog, answer them there and link to it from my comments.
Things you may not have known about me….
A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Mom and wife (yeah, itâ€™s a job. I get paid in sex, tequila, and phat electronics)
2. Assistant to â€¦ a certain swearing pastor of a large church in Seattle.
3. Assistant to â€¦ the director of a certain mentoring non profit in the area
4. Personal assistant to a family on Mercer Island (are you sensing a theme here?)
B) Four movies you would watch over and over:
1. Steel Magnolias (laughter through tears – the best kind).
2. To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar (and I HAVE watched it over and over because it is so. hilarious.)
3. Strictly Ballroom
4. Any of the Pixar films (out of obligation â€“ the kids insist)
C) Four places you have lived:
1. A certain suburb of Minneapolis which shall remain nameless for purposes of avoiding premature judgment of who I am on the inside.
2. Queen Anne, Seattle WA
3. University District, Seattle, WA
4. Where I live now.
D) Four TV shows you love to watch:
1. Entourage (HBO)
2. What Not to Wear (TLC)
3. Lost (NBC)
4. The Shield (FX) â€“ OMG CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT SEASON FINALE???
E) Four places you have been on vacation:
1. Portland, OR â€“ Okay, not REAL adventurous, but we stay at the Kennedy School every year WITHOUT CHILDREN, so itâ€™s high on the priority list of vacations.
2. Cannon Beach â€“ we go in the off season to the annual kite festival
3. Victoria, BC & Vancouver
4. where ever my family lives because they are all over the country and demand we visit once in awhile.
F) Websites you visit daily or often:
1. My bloglines.com feed because it tells me who has new posts (shameless plug â€“ Iâ€™m not even getting paid for that) â€“ but Iâ€™m most faithful to the blogs of people I know, the people I met at Blogher, and the people I meet through my comments and emails. I donâ€™t really even read Dooce anymore (gasp!).
G ) Four of my favorite foods:
3. margarita (does that count?)
4. the chocolate Ã©clair from Claim Jumper
H) Four places I would rather be right now:
1. The Red House drinking wine and eating too much cheese
2. The Kennedy School with Bryan (See E above)
3. The Met drinking coffee and surfing the web with their free wifi
4. On my deck roasting marshmallows with all my friends
I) Friends I think will respond
3. Alecia (not really, but Iâ€™m daring her)
J) Favorite songs/music: (it changes all. the. time. but here’s what’s hot now)
1. India Arie
2. Bruce Cockburn
3. The Mountain Goats
4. Jack Johnson
K) Favorite Colors: (hm, the colors in my house?)
3. chocolate brown
L) Favorite Author:
1. Honestly, I donâ€™t read anymore. I only have time for one hobby at a time.
M) Moments I will never forget (not in any order):
1. on the phone, standing in my laundry room, hearing that Gordy had died
2. my son shooting out of my body before the doctor could arrive
3. spending the night in the hospital with a friend who needed me
4. noticing that Bryan, then a single man I had not yet met, brought an impressive mandarin almond salad to a pot luck, beating out all the yahoos who brought KFC buckets or McDâ€™s cheeseburgers. Or nothing. The rest is history.
TAG! YOU’RE IT!
8 thoughts on “Things You May Not Have Known About Me…”
I must be a blog stalker. I found you a few weeks ago, and I don’t even remember from where, just following links an random, you know? You just seem like someone I could relate to.
Can I answer a shortened version? Never a free minute, you know?
Jobs: Mom/wife/teacher etc. all rolled into one, that’s it. Used to be a financial reporting analyst. That was easier.
Places I’ve lived – in and around KC ,MO, that’s it.
TV: Anything CSI, Project Runway, Monk, all the psychic shows.
Vacation? What’s that?
Websites: A few friends blogs and some others I’ve found that catch my interest. News stuff, crochet and parenting boards.
I’d rather be: Someplace where it’s Fall already.
My Moments: A random person we once met who connected with my son who has Autism, and got him to throw rocks in a pond with her at a time when he rarely interacted with people. Standing in the ocean and feeling the waves crash against me. Watching my son get his baby sister to laugh.
Nice meeting you!
waitress; unemployment counselor; tutor; lawyer
4 movies I love:
Planet of the Apes; My Cousin Vinnie; Fargo; the Music Man
4 places lived:
MA, PA, NJ, CA
4 TV shows I love
the weather channel (does that count as one show? LOL); King of Queens; any emergency vet show; Whose Line Is ItT Anyway
4 vacation places I’ve been to:
Disneyland; Maryland; my own home (it’s a vacation just not having to go to work); Italy (but that was so long ago it doens’t really count)
favorite websites: ebay; petfinder; infodog; westlaw
4 foods I love: Cream cheese; pesto sauce; pizza; wheat thins
4 better places to be: my friend’s house because we could hang out & talk & have fun; any nice beach on a cloudy day where I could walk along & pick up shells; any dog show; fancy hotel
favorite colors: olive green; spring green; pink; yellow-green
favorite authors: Theodore Dreiser; Robert Frost; James McPhee; Kingsley Amis
moments I will never forget: getting fired; telling my ex that I loved him but he made me so unhappy I needed him to go away; when my dog died; (gee, none of these are happy ones, I should try to think of a happy one); day I bought my house (there, that’s a happy one)
Here are my answers
HOW FUN!!! MORE! MORE! MORE!
I happen to know a couple Aussies who read, so COME ON – give us some international love!
I want comments coming out of the woodwork!
Four jobs: Kentucky Fried Chicken girl, Payless Shoes girl, the girl who worked at the computer slum, and then (fanfare please) Corporate America Girl!!!
Four movies: Princess Bride, Shawshank Redemption, Gross Pointe Blank, Dirty Dancing (yes, I said it! Dirty Dancing. What are you doing to do about it???)
Four places I’ve lived: My parents house in St. Louis. My first apartment about 4 miles from my parents house in St. Louis. My first rental house about 6 miles from my parents house in St. Louis. My first owned house about 9 miles from my parents house in St. Louis, and my current house which is about 12 miles from my parents house in St. Louis. (Oh, that’s FIVE, huh?)
Four TV shows: Knot’s Landing (hey, I’m old and yes, they play re-runs on the soap network), ER, House, Dateline.
Four vacation places: Bumfuck, West Virginia / Destin, FL / Ozark Mountains, MO / New Orleans, MI
Four websites: my “mommies club” message board that I’ve been on for over 5 years, my debate board that I’ve been on for over 5 years, my personal email, and my blog stats (yes, plus I visit lots of other blogs, too)
Four foods: lobster, eggs benedict, Fruity Pebbles, Skittles (yeah, I know – that explains a LOT about my weight loss problems, huh?)
Four places I’d like to be right now: my recliner, by the pool, in front of an audience, at the spa (but not all of those together, you understand).
Four songs: I can’t do this… how about I give four artists? Eagles, Elton John, Bob Seeger, Billy Joel. Oh, and Paul Simon. And Cat Stevens.
Four colors: really, purple has always been my favorite color and I don’t know that I have any certain order after that… I like wearing green – I think it looks good on me.
Four authors: couldn’t narrow it to four… Sue Miller, Gregory Maguire, David Baldacci, Michael Crichton, Jean Auel, Anne Rice, Jane Austen, Wally Lamb…
Four moments? FOUR moments? I’m 41 years old – you’re letting me have one moment per decade? Hell, I have FIVE kids and I’ve been married twice and divorced once — that’s EIGHT moments just right there…. So let’s take out births, deaths, marriages, divorces…. The moment I heard Carlo committed suicide. The moment I got my first “real” job with full benefits and salary and I knew my family was going to be alright. The moment my grandma called and asked for my mom and I answered it and KNEW it meant that grandpa had died even though she didn’t tell me. The moment I did my first public speaking gig and fell in love with it.
Whew, that was hard….
Here are mine:
This is so fun!
A couple of aussies? There’s more than one of here? I didn’t know that.
Well anyway, to show my international love, here is my reply: 🙂
4 Jobs that I’ve had:
-teacher’s assistant (volunteer…um, it didn’t have to be pay work, did it?)
-packer at a pastry factory (a very short lived job)
-mail sorter (an even shorter lived job)
-childcare assistant reliever (still currently doing)
4 Movies that I could watch over and over:
-All Harry Potter movies
-The Green Mile
-The Lost Boys
4Places I’ve lived:
4TV shows I love to watch:
-Where Are They Now? (a TV show here in Australia, where they catch up with those once famous individuals)
4Places I’ve been on vacation:
-Perth (though I don’t remember much, since I was only about 3 years old)
-New South Wales
4Website I visit daily or often:
-The Pile I’m Standing In (anyone else heard of this site?) 😉
-Internet Movie Database
-chocolate (though not dark chocolate)
-1oo Years (Five for Fighting)
-Save Me (Theme song for “Smallville”)
-Ironic (Alanis Morissette)
-I Want You Back (Jackson Five)
4Moments I will never forget:
-the death of my brother in 1995 from a motorcycle accident
-the birth of my nephew and nieces
-my holiday at Warner Bros. Movie World
-finding Jen Zug’s site (now that’s a moment none of us should forget) 😀
Do I feel like a nut…I just realized that my name is outright listed here and I haven’t even answered! I am so taken off guard…I seriously just read this really quick and thought you were just sharing a bit of yourself with us…anyway, give me a minute (or maybe a day or two) to collect myself and I will oblige…Cherie