This morning on my way home from the store, a bunny ran into the road a little ways in front of me. I let up on the gas a little to give it time to cross, but it saw me coming and froze in the middle of the road, staring at me.
It was crouched in the bunny version of the fetal position.
I stopped and waited while it gathered its cojones and finished crossing the street, but it made me realize I’m just like that bunny. Squirrels and birds are quick witted enough to get out of the way (most of the time), but in the face of danger that bunny was all, “OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHWHATDOIDOOOOOO?!”
We’re moving two weeks from today, and I need your help. But before you avert your eyes from meeting mine you should know WE HIRED MOVERS, so I don’t need that kind of help. But if you’re one of my peeps and have a few hours to spare on the morning of August 1st, I would love for you to come over.
The overarching category of help I need is HELPING JEN KEEP HER SHIT TOGETHER. Details include:
- Telling Jen what to do when she is overwhelmed and doesn’t know what to do next, because THE DETAILS! THE DETAILS ARE BLINDING ME.
- Helping to pack up and gather all the last minute things that didn’t get done by 3am the night before (DETAILS!).
- Loading smaller and/or fragile things into available cars. Items might include lamps, garden pots, and my underwear drawer.
- Making sure Jen (and the family, but mostly Jen) is fed. You don’t want to see Low Blood Sugar Jen.
- Comforting Jen during random outbursts of crying because we’re moving even though the new place is totally awesome.
The movers are scheduled to come after lunch, which gives us the morning to get everything organized for them.
Also, pray for my sanity. Bryan is on a shoot this entire weekend for the Capital Hill Block Party, and he has another shoot the night before we move.
BUT EVERYTHING’S GOING TO BE OKAY.