The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room.
– Professor McGonagall, Harry Potter & the Sorcerer’s Stone
I’m reading Harry Potter to the kids, and when we got to the Sorting Ceremony we had fun comparing what it was like living at the ZugHaus compared to one of the houses at Hogwarts.
We’re in our 9th year of living in community with others, and currently have a full house with five adults and two kids. I know that sounds crazy to some people. It sounds crazy to me, sometimes, especially when no other adult in this house replaces the toilet paper roll. But I’m very thankful for our big giant house and the crazy people who live in it.
Here’s why we think the ZugHaus would fit in at Hogwarts:
- People who live at the ZugHaus become like family.
- We host a weekly small group through our church community, which is kinda like a class.
- Our bedrooms are all kinda small, like a dormitory.
- We spend our free time in a big common room too!
What do you think? Should I get a wand?