Bryan says my procrastination turns him into the enemy, that it defeats our missional purpose as a family.
This got me thinking about the life cycle of my procrastination. Since Bryan is so into Pattern Recognition as a way of life, I thought he would appreciate the following confession:
1. I feel overwhelmed by something
2. My fear paralyzes me and I do nothing
3. I feel guilty about dropping the ball, and I hide the problem from Bryan
4. When Bryan discovers the problem, he confronts me, and I react in bitterness
5. And it makes me feel like a failure
6. And I become angry
7. And blame circumstances or other people without taking responsibility for myself
8. Which causes me to throw things in the general vicinity of Bryan
Soâ€¦ if admitting you have a problem is half the battle, NOW what do I do?