Meal planning has been a bit exhausting for me lately. I’m not feeling the love like I used to, and the details are getting lost in my brain.
I end up making several extra trips to the store each week because I forget one thing I need to make dinner complete. And of course you never buy just that one thing you run in to grab, so my budget is a little crazy as well.
Friday night I geeked out a little on my calendar and set up a two week rotating weekday menu.
At first I was a little depressed about this solution, thinking it was incredibly boring and predictable. But then I realized even more benefits that I hadn’t even anticipated. For instance…
- I can set up automatic delivery for my Amazon Fresh orders, which saves me 15% on the items I need each week.
- Setting up automatic delivery makes my budget a little more predictable.
- I can shop less frequently at Costco because I know in advance what I’ll need for the month.
- I can still be flexible if I need to, and just shift meals around on the calendar.
- I can still be spontaneous re other elements of the meal, like side dishes.
But the biggest benefit I’m looking for is: DON’T MAKE ME THINK.