Last year when I started working part time, Bryan bought me this rice cooker to help with easy meal prep, and it’s been a life saver!
One of the easiest dishes I make requires just a few minutes of prep in the morning, and a few minutes when I’m done working.
This is what I do in the morning:
- Add rice, water, salt, and seasoning to the pot.
- Add 3-4 frozen chicken breasts to the basket.
- Set the delay timer.
- Press the RICE button to start.
Seriously. That’s all I do. Sometimes I add chopped onion to the rice, but you get the idea.
This is what I do before we eat:
- Shred or chop the cooked chicken, and add to the pot of rice.
- Add a bag of fresh or frozen broccoli to the pot.
- Pour in a sauce, like Yoshida’s Teriyaki or Panda Express’s orange sauce.
- Stir it all together!
Even when I serve this with a salad, it’s super quick and easy, and my family gets a hot, healthy, home cooked meal.
p.s. This isn’t a product placement or sponsored post. I really just like my rice cooker.